Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ninny Hammers Forum Index -> Past Events
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Lilikate

re: Blue Theatre Song Contest: Sign Up Thread

This thread is for folks who are interest in my proposed event to show their interest and sign up early.

I am looking to host this event on the 4th June from 2.00pm onwards. The length of the event will depend on subscriptions but I would think not exceeding the three hours.

• Band leaders need to sign up, there are no limits on band sizes.
  • Please sign up here or send me a personal letter on Landroval and I will add you on this forum.
  • 1 sign up per band is all that is required to enter you into the proceedings.
  • Each band leader has one vote for the song he/she or his/her band chooses. Please no voting for yourselves, and no voting for friends, just because they are your mates. Votes cast are for the best arrangement in your opinion.
  • Play order will be chosen at random by Lizzy Buggins in a recorded Small LOTRO Adventures, which will be uploaded to YouTube.
  • The Ninny Hammers will open and close the Event but will not be eligable for the competition.
  • Each band is asked to perform a single song, no shorter than three minutes but not exceeding five minutes.
  • There will be two awards given on the night, The Blue Theater Song Award and The Buggins Boast.
  • The Blue Theatre Song Award will be given to the band who has most votes from band leaders, Buggins Boast is my personal choice of best arrangement of the event.
  • The Winning band of the Blue Theatre award gets to select the server for 2017's event :D However the location will remain the same, unless we get other wonderful Theaters introduced to LOTRO.

Minimum level to bind to the mile stone 85.

Travel for VIP and F2P on low level characters possible with a Mithril Coin. They are on sale now (4/7/16) for 37tp for 5!

•  Band Leaders can send private word of their song title if they wish to have it confirmed no other band have chosen the same song. I know some folks don't mind comparing the same arrangement from different bands. On the other hand, leaders prefer to make sure there is no overlap. I have decided to opt for a first dibs gets the song and no repeats, just to try and make the contest as fair as possible.
  • Band Leaders are free to change their song, as long as it has not been selected by another competing Band. Cut off date is the 3rd June all song choice titles should be sent to Lilikate so I can prepare your introductions :)

Bands Signed Up: (Please note this is not the order of play on the night, that will be published May 26th)

• The Pale Riders, Leader: Delsar, Song title chosen (but not advertised).
  • Les Chantefables, Leader: Louellana, Song not yet selected.
  • Radagast's Pipe, Leader: Newine, Song title chosen (but not advertised).
  • The Tiny Duo, Leader: Tinylea, Song title chosen (but not advertised).
  • The Rolling Kegs, Leader: Kandrul, Song title not yet selected.
  • The Andune Ensemble, Leader: Geoffroi, Song title chosen (but not advertised).
  • Polnolunie, Leader: Gerhalt, Song title chosen (but not advertised).
  • Instant Play, Leader: Sevhis, Song title not yet selected.

This post may be edited to reflect any additional planning changes.

Last edited by Lilikate on Thu May 12, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 17 times in total

Absolutely love this idea!

You can count on The Rolling Kegs for this one. Once all our members have confirmed availability on the day, I will confirm our entry.

At your service,

Kandral (Laurelin) / Kandrul (Landroval)

Bandleader of the Rolling Kegs

Lilikate

Once your confirmed I will begin listing bands who have signed up in the post at the top of the thread, this will not be the final song order, just a tally of bands :)

May I apologise to all folks using the guest posting system. I know the catchpa thing can be quite frustrating and annoying to navigate. If you wish I will take sign ups from band leaders via an in game mail on the Landroval Server or by email to Lilikatebuggins@gmail.com

Huhu^^

Yup! App for Guildlaunch could be a plague ;)

Fortunately, now, many bandleaders or communication crew got their access to all guildlaunch-app since Winterstock III & Greenfields events.

Hope they will remember and use it :D

./toasts

Zed'

Louellana

Hullo I don't know if it's here for sign up.

I would like sign for Les Chantefables for playing in the Blue Theater song contest please.

Lilikate

Welcome Louellana,

Yes this is the right place to sign up!

Please submit your song choice via private message by the 3rd June. As I am trying to prevent two bands performing the same songs, the band who submit their titles first will secure that particular song. If another band presents the same title I will inform them the choice is taken and ask for another submission.

Glad to have you onboard :)

Thank you Lilikate.

I will talk to my friends of les Chantafbles to decide which song, then i will tell you

Good evening

Greetings

Louellana Vertechant

Newine
LOTRO Musician

We are pleased to join this wonderful event!
Radagast's Pipe band :)

As long as duos are allowed, The Tiny Duo (aka Bel-Lea) would like to sign up for the contest.  

Thanks!

Lilikate

Welcome aboard!

It's great to have our first duo signed up :)

re: Planning Update 1

Dear Free-Folk,

I wish to thank all those people who have greeted my idea of a song contest in Minas Tirith with enthusiasm. To me, it seems like a great idea but not all members of the community are that keen on the pairing of music and competition. This I understand totally, I do not want my event to turn into some cut throat one-up man ship mega heated & combative affair.

My idea for a contest is to highlight the skill in arranging music for LOTRO, I know many arrangers in our community whom I would consider a shoe-in for The Blue Theatre Song Award and for a varied number of reasons.

What I want this event to be, is a celebration of all arrangement making with a round of applause for whom our community thinks has done a particually good job in one particular evening. The rest of it is just bells and whistles to entice folks to come participate:)

I also took a walk around this venue and thought it was a crying shame, this location wouldn’t get populated as it deserves to be, unless someone makes an effort to fill it. A beautiful indoor Theatre: something I have been asking to be added to LOTRO for a long time.

screenshot01031_zpsdsalxyhr

So where am I at with planning?

So far I have four bands participating:) I added my first duo today and have been campaigning on multiple servers to try and entice folks to sign up.

I think a strong aspect of my proposed event is the fact it is server-fluid. The winners of The Blue Theatre Song Contest Award get to choose which server we hold this event in next time, that is June 3rd 2017!

I have one band who have decided not to compete but have offered me their support, so all those Little Wanderers who are able to attend will be our Ushers for the evening, helping me guide bands on and off the stage.

I have been investigating the idea of a Poll for the public to be able to participate and vote also for their favourite song of the evening. This I have decided to call The People’s Choice Award. I was considering running a poll for a week but my good friends have been helping me discover the weaknesses of the voting system so I may keep voting open for only 3 hours after all songs have been heard.

Band and Band Leader Voting:

One Song, One Band, One Vote.

Song Choice: Song choice is at the discretion of the Band Leader, so long as it conforms to the 3-5 minute stipulation I have no restrictions as to genre, instrument part number or instrument choice. The only rule I have implemented is that I will not allow the same song title to be performed twice. I have been asking Band Leaders to PM me their song choice and have kept a note of all these. If a duplicate occurs I will give preference to the band who submitted the title first and ask the second band to choose another song.

Bands: I consider a band to be two or more characters in a fellowship. So duets are welcome. Those who run mulitple clients do so at their own risk. Any issues with client crashes during a performance slot will be resolved with a second chance to play after all the other songs have been heard. All bands are asked to do all they can to mitigate the risks of client crashes so they can perform in their allocated slot.

Voting: Each band leader gets one vote on the evening of the contest. I will ask for votes after we have heard each song performed. Band Leaders can choose to poll their members or rely their own judgement. I do ask that Leaders who vote do so based on the merit of their choice and for no other reason. My main goal of having bands vote for a winning song is that arrangers and band leaders are more informed as to what constitutes a good arrangement over a not-so-good arrangement. I will write more advice on this matter at a future date.

I ask all folks reading this to spread the word about this event. Please let every band leader know what I and the other Ninny’s are trying to do. I look forward to a fun, friendly sharing of this niche skill in June.

This is a new idea and as such it is being developed as we get closer to June 4th. Please come back to this thread/post to read of any updates or changes.

If you would like to be a volunteer musician, someone who helps a band make up musician numbers so they can perform a large arrangement. Please contact me at any of the usual methods.

Lilikate on Landroval

The Comments/reply section here on LOTRO.com , TheNinnyHammers.guildlaunch.com or TheNinny.wordpress.com

My Email: Lilikatebuggins.gmail.com (for all enquiries).

The Rolling Kegs confirm their sing-up for the event. Exciting! :)

Gerhalt White Wolf

Hello Lilikate!

Please sign-up "Polnolunie" for such beautiful event!

Gerhalt / bandleader of "Polnolunie"

Heya Gerhalt,

Welcome aboard! I will add your deatils to the list of competing bands :)

re: Yay Another Sign Up!

Just adding a note that after speaking to Instant Play on Laurelin yesterday they have agreed to enter the contest!

Thanks Sevhis!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: