View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Lilikate

re: Sign Up! TSO14 Winterstock.

Check List:

Outfit...

Instruments... (Bring all your instruments)

Location... 5 Long Street, Conholt, Bree Homesteads.

Standing position... Scroll up the thread and take a good look at the screenshot.

Files... In the file library, all parts will appear with names in Songbook. Please look at each before we play to see where your changes are.

Fun... Don't forget the purpose our gathering is to have fun and enjoy the music :)

I don't know why but I never even saw this thread until now and I had thought I'd signed up for TSO and AE on the LMB forums and didn't know I had to sign up here too.  I'll be a vendor whenever I'm not playing with our bands.  But is it too late?

Also, which of the two zip files do I get?  Is that all of them?  I'd thought you would be playing my song.  :(

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Lilikate

Hi Fayeh,

Have you the outfit? (White dress Evendim blue Shoulders and plain cloak, circlet/flowers or Summerdays Hat in Evendim Blue) The Final set will be published... for this set I need musicians on their best game. No leaving raid chat unless it is urgent, we have a lot to cram in an hour!

I would be willing to add you (I will reissue a new standing positions and new files - with changed names to accommodate more folks).

When I have your assurance that you are ready for the show (bar the not yet issued files) I will redo the set to include you.

This is a very special day for me, it being TSO's first anniversary and I want it to go well :)

As for your Beethoven: I said that all TSO submissions would go into consideration for this show... As I have set a theme and carefully chosen each work I found your arrangement to 1) In need of improvement re-part voice choices 2) Not quite right for the show and theme I have planned. It fit a certain category but was too long for the segment.

I don't have the outfit at this moment, but it looks like you already have a full list of players and whatnot.  I had just thought that by signing up on the LMB forums that I would be included here as well.  :/

If there is no room for mistakes, I guess it's just as well that I'm not in it.  I tend to crash at least once an hour in areas with crowds, and it takes 5 minutes to load back in once a crash happens.

About the Beethoven, I'd just thought it was already a guarantee, since you said it was accepted (regardless of the few niggles you had) and that it was going to be in the Winterstock folder.

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Lilikate

Fayeh,

"I had just thought that by signing up on the LMB forums that I would be included here as well.  :/"

I am sorry but I do not manage my bands in this fashion. I do email a few folks and IM in game some confirmations, when I am making up set lists I refer to the Sign Up thread on this site.

"If there is no room for mistakes, I guess it's just as well that I'm not in it.  I tend to crash at least once an hour in areas with crowds, and it takes 5 minutes to load back in once a crash happens".

I did not say there was no room for mistakes, I said I had a lot to cram into an hour. Having said that I would like players who know they are prone to crashing to consider the consequences of their actions on a performance such as this one.

About the Beethoven, I'd just thought it was already a guarantee, since you said it was accepted (regardless of the few niggles you had) and that it was going to be in the Winterstock folder.

Your Beethoven was accepted for testing. I also stated that all submissions are considered for performance. Did we test your piece? Possibly not. The changes to the music system meant that the plans I had to test and prepare for this concert had to change. I wanted to include Bavelbella's piece, but this too proved too long for the segment. In any case the bagpipes would have been an issue because they are cutting when played in game. I am sorry if you are disappointed, I know there was something of yours I did like and want to include. The next 14 member performance we prepare, we will have enough time to go through the testing sessions without having to hurry. (I am still waiting on music system changes also).

re: Preparations for Saturday!

Hello Everyone.

This is my check list post for all you will need on Saturday.

1) Files - I have just uploaded the set into the file library in the gallery. Tracks 1 to 18, with 18 being the one we cut if we happen to run out of time.

2) Outfits - We seem to have organized the Gents rather well, Ladies please wear either/both: A plain cloak in Evendim Blue and or shoulders. Circlets, flowers or a Summer Days hat all dyed Evendim Blue also. Please don't bring your ladies in just a white dress. They will look like they are freezing.

3) Meeting - I would like to meet everyone at 1.15 pm st. Inside the first gate of Silver Deep mine. In this enclosure we will form a raid as well as double check all are prepared and know their positions.

4) Positions:

1. Lilikate

2. Zedrock

3. Alesel

4. Malvy

5. Isumaric

6. Bavelbella

7. Nibun

8. Hollyberye

9. Corulin

10. Lhinnthel

11. Brenthiel

12. Falleriel (sp)

13. Atty

14. Pinesong

15. Larkfeather

Hey everyone,

On reflection I have decided to take down the set and re issue it Saturday morning.

I am just making a few tweaks here and there, nothing major.

The music has arrived!

This is the set we will use for the show, it is Named Winterstock Set 17th Jan and it is in the File Library in the Gallery.

You may note I have changed a few things around. The earlier section is more authentic, I feel and I have re transcribed the Allegro from the Winter Movement of the Four Seasons.

You may note there are two from Vivaldi, we will only be performing one. I would like to test 4 in the Green Room. If it does not work for whatever reason I will revert to 4b!

Please be there at 1.15pm today. Please look at the positions diagram I posted (the newer one with 15 musicians). Check your outfits and please, please enjoy the music and have fun.

A last note: I am slotting in Strawberrystar in the center of the front row, we will widen out and make her 4.5 in the diagram. This Bobbit is here for emergencies only! If anyone asks we tell them she is the time-keeper!

Not good to panic, it is good to be prepared for everything.

A year ago Fort Maestro led a group of musicians to this stage to play for you.

It is my honour to be leading The Starlight Orchestra today on their first anniversary.

We begin by playing a polyphonic plain chant from the 1300's

This is Fa Mette - Francesco Landidi(1330-1397).
Landini was also a musical instrument inventor (Stringed and Organs), blind since his birth.
A notable Florentine Citizen of his day.

Entering the Renaissance Era.

A Que Vile - Antoine Busnois(1430-1492).

A composer from France next famed for his motets and Chansons. He was patronised by the Duke of Burgundy for fifteen years.

chanson Three voice parts, with the tenor voice, the lowest, singing a sacred text in Latin, usually drawn from chant, while the two upper voices sang a secular text in French.

This Sweet and Merry Month of May(1590) - William Byrd(1543 to 1623).

"The most prodigiously talented, prolific, and versatile composer of his contemporaries. A student of Thomas Tallis".

This madrigal was composed in the time of Queen Elizabeth I.

We have a development of melody and harmony with this four part piece, although Byrd is famed for writing Cathloic Masses. He also printed books of Sonets, Psalmes and Songs.

The Baroque Era.

L'inverno (The Winter) Movement 1 - Allegro non molto

The Four Seasons Written in 1720. They liked strings!

Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)

The creator of hundreds of spirited, extroverted instrumental works, Italian composer Antonio Vivaldi is widely recognized as the master of the Baroque instrumental concerto

Badinerie - Orchestral Suite No.2 in B Minor.

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750).

I can only quote -

Johann Sebastian Bach was better known as a virtuoso organist than as a composer in his day. His sacred music, organ and choral works, and other instrumental music had an enthusiasm and seeming freedom that concealed immense rigor.

Bach's use of counterpoint was brilliant and innovative, and the immense complexities of his compositional style—which often included religious and numerological symbols that seem to fit perfectly together in a profound puzzle of special codes—still amaze musicians today.

Many consider him the greatest composer of all time.

The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba.

George Frideric Handel (1685-1759).

Through the 1720's Handel composed Italian operatic masterpieces for London stages, works often based on classical stories.

In the 1730s and 1740s Handel turned to the oratorio, a grand form that attracted England's new middle-class audiences, establishing him as a venerated elder of English music.

The oratorios displayed to maximum effect Handel's melodic gift and the sense of timing he brought to big choral numbers.

The Classical Era

The Barber of Saville.

Gioachino Rossini (1792-1868).

Rossini wrote La Pietra del Paragone, for La Scala Theater. At the tender age of 20 he was Italy's most prominent composer.

In 1815, Rossini accepted a contract to work for the theaters in Naples, where he would remain until 1822, composing prolifically in comfort. He composed 19 operas during this tenure.

It was for Roman audiences that he composed the sparkling comedies "Il Barbiere di Siviglia" (The Barber of Seville, 1816).

Campanelle Vio Con 2 Bmin Op.7 Rondo (1826).

Niccolo Paganini - 1782 to 1840.

Paganini's impact on nineteenth century music cannot be overestimated, he set an entirely new standard of technical virtuosity. Regarded in legend as the greatest virtuoso violinist ever.

Gallop  - Rossini

Because I like it and thought Kiralynn would love it :)

Windy Acres Ranch has moved to a new home!

SteelAndMagic.com  - Make sure you support Kira, she organises wonderful Horsey and other events on Landroval.

The Romantic Era.

Our first Romantic Era Composer is

Charles Gounod (1818-1893)

This is the "Finale" from his Opera: "Faust".

This is an excellent example of "The Age of Tradegy".

A period of time where the music was grand, gutsy and glorious.

The Fair at Sorochyntsi.

Modest Mussorgsky (1839-1881).

I feel this piece is a great example of the traditional folk Song being incorporated into classical music. We begin to see the notion of Nationhood and Anthem creep into the compositions of this era.

"His musical education was erratic, he toiled as a civil servant and wrote music only part-time, influenced few if any of his contemporaries, died early from alcoholism, and left a small body of work.
Yet Modest Mussorgsky was a towering figure in nineteenth century Russian music.
His works exhibit a daring, raw individuality, a unique sound that well-meaning associates tried to conventionalize and smooth over".

Symphony No 3 in D

Gustav Mahler(1860-1911).

"Huge tapestries of shifting moods and tones, ranging from tragedy to bitter irony"

Gustav completed his first symphony in 1888, but it met with utter audience incomprehension. He reserved this time for symphonies, all of them large-scale works, and song cycles.

The Viennese public largely failed to understand his music, but Mahler took their reactions calmly, accurately predicting that "My time will yet come."

20th Centuary or Modern Era.

Sicilienne from Pelleas et Melisande.

Gabriel Faure (1845-1924)

Fauré strove to bring together the best of traditional and progressive music and, in the process, created some of the most exquisite works in the French repertoire.

Using an economy of expression and boldness of harmony, sophisticated writing, streamlined and elegant in form.

Flight of the Bumblebee

Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908)

The magic Swan-Bird changes Prince Gvidon Saltanovich into an insect so that he can fly away to visit his father (who does not know that he is alive).

Rimsky-Korsakov's music is accessible and engaging owing to his talent for tone-coloring and brilliant orchestration.
 Furthermore, his operas are masterful musical evocations of myths and legends.

Dance of the Adolescents - The Rite of Spring.

Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971).

Aside from purely technical considerations such as rhythm and harmony, the most important hallmark of Stravinsky's style is, indeed, its changing face. Emerging from the spirit of late Russian nationalism and ending his career with a thorny, individual language steeped in twelve-tone principles.

Igor Stravinsky was one of music's truly epochal innovators.

Sea Songs

Ralph Vaughan-Williams (1872-1958)

A collector of English folk music and song. His efforts did much to raise appreciation of traditional English folk song and melody.

Sea Songs is a great example of Classical Nostalgia.

"One is never quite sure whether one is listening to something very old or very new".- Fuller Maitland.

We have time for an Encore! Hurrah!

From the Romantic Era of Classical Music!

Rosen aus dem Suden - Johann Strauss 1880.

I have to thank all the musicians playing with TSO today.

Brentiel,

Lhinnthel,

Larkfeather,

Attyprecious,

Corulin,

Hollyberye,

Falleriel,

Pinesong,

Zedrock,

Nibun,

Malvy,

Bavelbella,

Isumaric,

Alesel,

That is all from us, I hope you enjoyed our concert.

re: Classical music notes

Thank you Lili for sharing the notes with us! It was superb playing with you and everyone else :D

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Hollyberye
LOTRO Musician

Many thanks for sharing your educational and most interesting notes, Lilikate!

The concert was so beautiful to the ears as well as the eyes.  I love playing with you all and under Lilikate's direction.

Hollyberye

Lauralda

Thank you for sharing, Lilikate! Twas a very well researched set list, together with professional introductions and conducting. I really do admire your dedication in organising this episode of TSO. Especially given the concurrent RL commitments. 

Your passion for music was shining through the performance. It has been an honour and a delight to play with everyone. Will be re-listening to the music over and over in the days to come. Thank you!

Lilikate

Keli has inspired me to make an MP3 album of the set. The songs in the converter are of such superior quality that on listening, you will all understand why I keep asking for the Sample/tone increase and for certain things to be "fixed".

After a short break I will be completing all these projects I have had waiting to be completed while we have had a very busy holiday concert season. This MP3 collection will be one of those projects.

Thank you for your very kind words, next year though will be tough as I have to best myself!

As I mentioned, you are a shining star, Lilikate :) Your transcriptions are simply gorgeous and it is a joy to play them with you! I am looking forward to another fun year of TSO!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Ninny Hammers Forum Index -> Past Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: