Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Ninny Hammers Forum Index -> The Eriador Philharmonic Orchestra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilikate

re: The Eriador Philharmonic Orchestra Community Project.

I copy and paste this article from my little blog page:

I took some time this year to consider what it was I would really like to do within the music community and pondering what was important and what was less important.

I feel that I have achieved in the pop and rock genre all that I can as an arranger of abc files. I may still add a song or two to the collection as the urge grabs me but I feel it’s time for a change in direction.

Yes The Ninny’s will still play, no I do not want to make my fellow Ninny’s feel as if they must attend out of loyalty and just because the lot of them are good eggs.

So if we gather on Saturdays at 2pm EST and play that’s great, if not that’s great too. We can open mic or just not play for a week.

As I come around to aquainting myself with the Main Buggins again I feel strongly that as a community the Music people can do fantastic things. With this thought in mind I am starting a new project, open to all in game to join in as musicians and to those who are up to a challenge to bring along a little (or large) something to play.

With the sprit of community in the fore front of my mind I wish to commence with my Eriador Philharmonic Orchestral Project.

The defination of Philharmonic is: 1. Devoted to or appreciative of music.

And yes this is a classical music focused group.

My aim is to find a location to call home, in a starter area. Then to invite others and arrange classical musical pieces to play in practice as well as in Quarterly Concerts.

There is no criteria to have your arrangements played, but we do look to make the best possible interpretations of the genre as possible. Looking at 8-14+parts

I am looking to schedule our first concert on April the 8th at 2pm, Location TBA.

Our theme for Spring 2017 is Water/Sea/Lakes/

Our Theme for Summer 2017 is Landscape.

So far I have five arrangers plus myself with something to contribute. We would welcome others, as well as musicians who wish to help play. You don’t have to be a kin member or a server member to join in. It is to be noted that we will be based on Landroval but there is nothing to hinder us playing our music on any other server.

Contact me Lilikatebuggins@gmail.com if you have any questions or wish to offer something.

Initial response to the EPO

I would like to update this post to say that my idea has been met warmly by many different players and arrangers of classical.abc

I feel to avoid duplicating our individual projects I will go ahead and list who is working on which piece.

Yes we are open and welcoming to all who would like to try something as complex as a part of a symphony or a movement of a concerto.

So far:

I, Lilikate: The 1st Movement of Rimsky Korsakov's Sheherazade

Sevis of Instant play is working on Verdi's Traviata... (There is water in that Beer!)

Calanne is arranging music from Tchaikovski's Swan Lake
Snarald is working on a new piece entitled The Storm by an unknown composer.

We do have other arrangers wishing to prepare music but so far no others have selected which works they will present.

As of today's update ....A new Scholar's Hall is now available for public use. The entrance to the Scholar's Hall can be found atop the Scholar’s Stair in Bree.

Looks good for our purposes

Grim wants in for the Eriador Phil, probably just as a player for the moment

Landroval...... Flowerdew, Grimsnorin, Knitbone, Moutardrien, Nutmegan, Ragnarbold, Tryggr,Whinberry

Laurelin.........Ariabell, Forthright, Gillrain,  Gurudoc, Knitbone, Muscaria, Nutmegan, Peripateia, Piperic, Skaldfingur, Zazie.
Lilikate

I already claimed the Hall for all our events... (I spoke to the Signum guys first).

The Ninny's and the EPO will all be moving there as of today.

Our wonderful concert today is recorded here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsvRJH0xug&t=2s

Here are a few screen shots...we look so beautiful and professional amid such a gorgeous backdrop!

Well done to the community contributors and to Lilikate for making it happen!

Last edited by Hollyberye on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilikate

re: Many thanks

Hello,

Holly, thank you so much for the screenshots and recordings. I am about to post widly the recording from Youtube and your screenshots are the perfect addition to those posts.

I again wish to thank each and every one who donated an arrangement or helped perform & advertise. Without you all the music would not happen.

A special mention to Belaya, her arrangements were just amazing! For someone so young she has a very good ear for arranging these lotro instruments.

After I have completed my aftershow posts I will be (like with the TSO) be organising the EPO into an orchestra with fixed positions and parts. I am going to aim at a 24 part orchestra although my intent is to play 14 part music, but have each part played by a different player or alt. These folks will play that same part or ap their instrument for each piece.

Look forward to another post detailing this further.

Summer 2017: Landscape is the theme, 10 minutes is our flexi time limit. Please contribute if you wish and as soon as I have your arrangements I will inform the community that the piece is "taken".

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Song Book Link

Calendar
Most Recent Images