Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Ninny Hammers Forum Index -> An Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nutmegan
LOTRO Musician

re: App: Gurudoc

The application submitted by Gurudoc is as follows:

Quote:
Have you played in a LOTRO music band before?:
Yes

Are you familiar with using LOTRO Songbook Plugin?:
Yes

Would you be available on Saturdays at 2.00pm Server Time to perform at a Landroval concert?:
Yes,and since I am on UK time an afternoon slot on Landroval is an excellent idea!

Do you have a preferred LOTRO instrument? Is there any instrument you detest? Please tell us more...:
Love them all!
Was very interested to read about the retricted sampling rate. My old machine has only 4GB RAM, and since just before Wstock has been getting blue screen page fault in unpaged area notes (unless GPU set to very low),only in LotRO and not at all since 2011. Trincia thinks this may be due to too many musical notes at once,which sounds like the same problem to me. [I do recognise this comment is irrelevant to membership application!]

Have you ever arranged music for LOTRO before? If yes please tell me a little about your arrangements, which converting program you prefer to use.:
Complete beginner! Tried to watch your Anvil(or was it Maestro) demo but music was louder than your voice. Getting some help from Trincia in White Flames(character Gurudoc), but many hours of practice clearly needed.Wanted to arrange Underneath it all (No Doubt),At the Dark End of the Street (),Jitterbug Waltz (Fats Waller,Eric Dolphy).This level of competence probably limits me to performing, for the time being

The Ninny Hammers is a kind and friendly place to be. It is expected members behave kindly to each other and maintain high levels of respect and tolerance at all times. Do you think you are able to comply with this ethos?:
Absolutely

Please take a few moments to tell us about your musical preferences, LOTRO bands you have played with (if any) and what you wish to achieve in becoming a complete Ninny.:
Quite wide ranging. On the classical side I liked anything conducted by Thomas Beecham,or played by La Petite Bande or the Orchestra of the Age of the Enlightenment. Then in no particular order,Skip James,J B Lenoir,Tinariwen,Kronos Quartet,Grateful Dead, Van Morrison, Don Cherry(Jazz),Ornette Coleman,Chris McGregor(Blue Notes and Brotherhood of Breath, Ry Cooder,Lee Scratch Perry, Ras Michael, Om Khaltoum,Francois Rabbath,Astor Piazzolla(STOP!) Gurudoc has just started with the White Flames.Ambition to be able to arrange any of the preceding for Lotro instruments in however much time we have left! And thinking NH would be a great collection of talent to make this attempt with!

Landroval...... Flowerdew, Grimsnorin, Knitbone, Moutardrien, Nutmegan, Ragnarbold, Tryggr,Whinberry

Laurelin.........Ariabell, Forthright, Gillrain,  Gurudoc, Knitbone, Muscaria, Nutmegan, Peripateia, Piperic, Skaldfingur, Zazie.
Lilikate

re: APPROVED - App: Gurudoc - by Lilikate

Your application has been approved, please find Lilikate in game with your character selected to join The Ninny Hammers for your invitation :)

Welcome!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum